[SailfishDevel] Include Python.h: BuildRequires

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Aug 9 08:03:19 UTC 2013

Hi Jonni

Could you clarify you answer here:

Zitat von "Jonni Rainisto" <jonni.rainisto at jollamobile.com>:

> Other option would just to add depency to spec file (or to yaml),
> that way package gets automatically installed to toolchain while
> building.
>
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(python-2.7)

In my case the Build fails with an explicit error, rather than
automatically installing the stated packages.

As an example, I am playing around with a project that has the
following in the .spec file

BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(QtCore) >= 4.7.0
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(QtDeclarative)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(QtContacts)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(qdeclarative-boostable)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(TelepathyQt5)
BuildRequires:  desktop-file-utils

When I build I get the following in the compile output

'
(....)
pkgconfig(TelepathyQt5)' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
'telepathy-qt5-devel' providing 'pkgconfig(TelepathyQt5)' is already
installed.
(....)
'pkgconfig(QtContacts)' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
'pkgconfig(qdeclarative-boostable)' not found in package names. Trying
capabilities.
error: Failed build dependencies:
	pkgconfig(QtContacts) is needed by qmlmessages-0.1.4-1.i586
	pkgconfig(qdeclarative-boostable) is needed by qmlmessages-0.1.4-1.i586

'

Have I missed an option that allows automatic install?

If an automatic install is not possible, is there a clever way to
identify the correct package(s) and install using the SDK Control
Center? E.g. If I search for "contact" in the Control Center then I
get a long list of possible packages with contact in the name, and it
is not easy (for me) to identify the correct one without a bit of
trial and error.

thanks

Crhis