[SailfishDevel] QTLocation not part of QT5, what to do?

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Thu Aug 8 06:59:23 UTC 2013

Hi Aaron

Thanks for your answer.

> qt5-qtlocation includes only the C++ library. To use with QML you
> will also need
> qt5-qtdeclarative-import-location the QML import plugin

Ah, now I am beginning to understand. Last night (before your mail
came) I did an experiment. As I could not find qt5-qtlocation where I
was expecting it on the Emulator (in /usr/lib/qt5/qml/QtLocation), I
rsynched qt5-qtlocation from the Toolchain to
/usr/lib/qt5/qml/QtLocation on the Emulator.

After that QtCreator then gave me "module "QtLocation" plugin
"declarative_location" not found".

So I zyppered that into the Emulator. This added
libdeclarative_location.so to /usr/lib/qt5/qml/QtLocation, and
hey-presto, no more QtLocation errors!

> rpm -ql qt5-qtlocation will list the files included in the package.

gives me:

[root at SailfishEmul QtLocation]# rpm -ql qt5-qtlocation
/usr/lib/libQt5Location.so.5
/usr/lib/libQt5Location.so.5.2
/usr/lib/libQt5Location.so.5.2.0

I guess from the version numbers that these are from Qt 5.2

Thanks,