[SailfishDevel] QTLocation not part of QT5, what to do?

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Wed Aug 7 15:34:14 UTC 2013

Hi all

> "I believe the goal for QtLocation to be included with Qt is 5.2..."

But isn't QtLocation included in the SailfishAlpha 2 ?

I am confused on this: In the Alpha2 toolchain I find
/Users/christopherlamb/SailfishOSAlpha5/mersdk/targets/SailfishOS-i486-x86/usr/lib/qt5/qml/QtLocation.

The SDK Control Center also shows qt5-qtlocation is installed in the
toolchain.

On the Emulator, "zypper se location" showed qt5-qtlocation was not
installed, so I ran "zypper in qt5-qtlocation".

However when I ran my app, I get the error
"
file:///opt/sdk/landedQt5_21/usr/share/landedQt5_21/otherqml/GPSApp.qml:6:1:
module "QtLocation" is not installed
      import QtLocation 5.0
"

Curiously I can't find where zypper installed QtLocation on the
Emulator. I had expected to find it somewhere near /usr/lib/qt5/qml

Chris