[SailfishDevel] Flatpak for Sailfish

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 20:21:11 UTC 2020

Hi,

just one more comment - I would expect Lipstick to follow the specified
standards. When we have an option to specify `X-Nemo-Single-Instance=no`,
it should be respected. Especially, when the fix is known and involves
one-liner. Turned out that there is an old issue filed regarding it at
https://together.jolla.com/question/193960/problem-with-excec-and-single-instance-in-desktop-files-on-sailfish-os-3/
(mine is at
https://together.jolla.com/question/221851/x-nemo-single-instanceno-is-not-respected/
).

In context of Flatpak runner, that one-liner fix makes it usable. Apps open
as expected, with visual animation as it should be. There is responsibility
on user not to start multiple copies of the same app (unless it supports
it), but that's way better than having limitation on a single app or using
some weird hack with unique executable scripts.

So, I would like to ask to add the fix to Lipstick as distributed by Jolla.

Regarding DBus activation (thanks for suggesting it!): not sure how well
would it work. Would have to wrap a head around possible scenarios in
launching sequence as well as start reading again 'bout it.

Cheers,

Rinigus