[SailfishDevel] Flatpak for Sailfish

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 09:42:17 UTC 2020

Pekka,

thanks for the swift reply!

> > - is SFOS keyboard drawn by Lipstick?
>
> Keyboard running in its own process, maliit-server.

But something is drawing it on the screen via QML. Is that the server and
Lipstick just making space for it? If it is then that would fit with such
separation perfectly.

> > - does communication between app and the keyboard occur via DBus?
>
> Yes. Session bus and p2p connection.

Thanks, I hope it will work.

> > - which files/plugins are used by the app in respect of communication
> > with keyboard? Is it just
> > /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/platforminputcontexts/libmaliit* or something in
> > addition/else?
>
> All communication goes through that.
>
> Also FWIW the qt plugins do have some qt version checks which might
> complicate running newer/different qt.

Great! Well, I have to compile it against Flatpak provided Qt and then the
plugin should be consistent.

Cheers,

Rinigus