[SailfishDevel] Image + text element, or a non-rectangular text field possible in silica?

David Llewellyn-Jones david at flypig.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 19:14:20 UTC 2020

On 06/01/2020 21:00, szopin at gmail.com wrote:
> Picture will probably illustrate what I mean easier:
> https://i.imgur.com/IKyMnAV.png

The pictures are definitely helpful!

> This is a self-expanding TextArea as you type, but it will happily go
> over the screen size and there is no way to get the text at the
> beginning into focus, I'm probably missing some super obvious way to
> avoid this? The only way I found to force scroll option was
> hardcoding its height which is noy pretty.
I could be misunderstanding completely (especially since you mention in
your other email about it being in a docked panel, and I'm not sure
whether that might affect things).

I think the usual way would be to place the TextArea inside a
SilicaFlickable with SilicaFlickable.contentHeight set to
TextArea.contentHeight (or possibly TextArea.implicitHeight or
TextArea.height). If you include other stuff/padding inside the
flickable you'll need to take that into account too.

You can then set the height of the SilicaFlickable to the height
available on the screen to allow scrolling of everything inside it.

The notes app does something like this. It's not a great example because
there's a lot going on, but it might help:

Line 160 sets the contentHeight:

/usr/share/jolla-notes/pages/NotePage.qml

David
--
Website: http://www.flypig.co.uk