[SailfishDevel] Conditional QML element

E.S. Rosenberg es.rosenberg+sailfishos.org at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:13:33 UTC 2020

Hi all,
In the application I maintain (gPodder) I would like to show an element
holding Image(s) in each ListItem, depending on whether or not the ListItem
has a property either a component with 2 images or a component with 1 image
should be loaded (an possibly also a no image fallback).

I have tried implementing this using a Loader:
    Loader {
        id: artArea
        anchors {
            left: parent.left
        }
        height: titleItem.height + subtitleItem.height
        width: titleItem.height + subtitleItem.height

        asynchronous: true
        source: episode_art ? "ArtArea.qml" : "CoverArea.qml"
    }

However this totally tanks performance, using just "ArtArea" without the
loader is really fast thus the issue is not the amount of images that need
to be loaded.
Is there a better/faster way to do this?

Thanks!
Eli