[SailfishDevel] harbour libs survey

Caliste Damien dcaliste at free.fr
Sun Sep 22 14:22:46 UTC 2019

Hello Eli,

Le dimanche 22 septembre 2019, E.S. Rosenberg a Ă©crit :
> At last weeks SFOS community meeting one of the things that came up
> was libraries/APIs that are as of yet not supported and that we (the
> community members) would like to see in harbour (or at least see a
> blocking bug list for).
I continued to discuss this a bit with Venemo on mer-meeting channel
after the meeting finished. I pointed out that it may be constructive
from the harbour persons to point out per library what is blocking
integration so that community may help fixing defective implementation
or test fragile APIs. Venemo replied with rightness that harbour
persons would need first a list of desirable libraries, as you're
mentioning. I've created yet another TJC question to centralize
existing requests. As a wki, it may serve an exchange between sailors
and the community to find solutions for blocking libraries (hopefully).

> What would be the best way to do this? A "question" on TJC with
> answers we vote for? A poll on the mailing list?
You can find this wiki at
https://together.jolla.com/question/213847/status-of-allowed-libraries-in-harbour/

Feel free to add missing entries, contribute to existing one adding use
cases or app in openrepo that may benefit of them being allowed…

I've requested a slot during the next meeting to discuss the output of
this wiki in ten days.

Have a nice Sunday,

Damien.