[SailfishDevel] Boolean dependencies in RPM SPEC

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Sat May 11 13:12:39 UTC 2019

Hi,

with SFOS 3.0.3.x, we have new ICU version which is packaged into libicu
and libicu-devel. As a result, name of the package is different from the
earlier one (had icu52 in the names) and RPM SPEC files need to change the
dependency accordingly. I tried to use `or` in the SPEC without any
success, as in

BuildRequires: (libicu52-devel or libicu-devel)

as in
https://github.com/rinigus/pkg-mapnik/blob/da5b6a11667b286c89bbee93eb57e2d4d52d5902/rpm/mapnik.spec#L16

It seems to me that I followed syntax on
https://rpm.org/user_doc/boolean_dependencies.html . Unfortunately, it
didn't work out since it seemed to result in adding dependency on 3
packages: libicu52-devel, or, and libicu-devel

Hence the question - how can I add support for 3.0.2.x and 3.0.3.x using
the same SPEC file? On device, RPM has version 4.14, if its of any
importance.

Cheers,

Rinigus

PS: asked the same yesterday on IRC, expanding to mailing list