[SailfishDevel] SyncML topic revived

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 22:06:32 UTC 2019

Tone Kastlunger wrote:

> Hmm? Havent heard of this; it's available at git.sailfishos.org ;
> You will have to ping lbt on irc to get an accoutn tho (as per
> instructions on the
> website "In the meantime, to get an account please contact lbt or sage
> on #sailfishos on freenode IRC." )

Yes, I read this, but I am not sure if I catch them on irc. I will try for
sure cause buteo-syncfw changes are worth revising.

Looking further into buteo-sync-plugins
        1st btcalendarsync branch needs to catch up with master
        2nd the BT part needs to be reworked.
        3rd in kf5bluezqt there are no profiles for syncml
But this seems to be the path ATM.

On 2 I am not sure if completely or partially. I played last year with
org.bluez.obex.FileTransfer1 from bluez 5 on the desktop. It is very simple
to create a session and access the device, compared to the code in
buteo-sync-plugins. I am tempted to start this part from scratch for the
plugins. It could be also a different project name.

3 means the profiles need to be created and tested.

This is how far I am ATM. Looks like a lot of work

BTW what software are you using for syncing? I was using syncevolution with
KDE3 now TDE for the past 7-8y.

Has someone tried USB it seems it should be working. I need to check if
syncevolution supports this.