[SailfishDevel] SDK versioning

E.S. Rosenberg es.rosenberg+sailfishos.org at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 16:44:23 UTC 2019

Hi all,
TL;DR - if we're doing version numbers for the SDK can they at least be the
same as the SFOS to which they correspond?

I assume this may have come up already in the past but I still want to ask
this again.
I noticed when recently redownloading the SDK that the versioning scheme
had switched twice from numbers to dates and then back to numbers.

As a rule I am a proponent of the dates versioning system since it allows
me the user to easily know just how far behind I am.
That being said in this case I am actually a proponent of version numbers
with the caveat that the SDK version and the SFOS version number should be
the same.
When I was downloading the SDK I actually ended up cancelling the download
and double checking the file listsing to see whether I was indeed
downloading the most recent version because 2.x was also a SFOS version
once upon a time.
Regards,
Eli