[SailfishDevel] Question about connecting a Sailfish phone to Ubuntu Linux box

Martin Kampas martin.kampas at jolla.com
Wed Jul 24 05:46:50 UTC 2019

Hello Sahlan,

> [...] I did that in QtCreator and chose the Build / Deploy option, and it
> told me RPMs had been created OK, but, under the Issues tab, I get the
> message "No RPM validation suite is available for the current Sailfish
> OS build target, the package will not be validated"
>
>   Then I clicked Debug / Start and Break on Main, but nothing happens.
> I've searched for info on how to debug on Sailfish with QtCreator but
> haven't found anything. Can anyone suggest a url for a step by step page
> of instructions?

Check https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK_Your_First_App, scroll down to "Set ARM Kit to
Deploy to Device" and read through the end of the page (known issue: the page layout is
somehow broken right now).

By default the "Build RPM Package for Manual Deployment" deployment method includes the
"RPM Validation" step. Your build targets (3.0.0.8) are too old and does not come with any RPM
validation suite, hence the warning. Try with a more recent build target after you upgrade
your phone.

BR,
Martin