[SailfishDevel] SyncML topic revived (further down the rabbit hole)

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Tue Jul 23 07:33:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

(Sorry for top posting, OWA doesn't quote properly...)

That old PR is actually mine, if you're referring to https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugins/merge_requests/1

I think it had some issues (e.g. didn't do UUID matching properly between client and server, so it was more of an "import" rather than a true "sync" IIRC), which is why it wasn't merged.  Subsequent syncs might cause duplication, or changes might not be propagated properly, in one direction or the other.  I don't recall precisely.

Going forward: my personal opinion is that if you can make the required changes to the stack to get everything working, we'd definitely like to integrate those changes, as it would ensure that we have more parts of our stack up-to-date, and less dead-code.

That said, at this stage I don't believe that it's high priority internally, so not sure how much time/effort sailors will be able to spend helping with this effort, unfortunately.  Definitely can review and test, but may not be able to help with active development day to day.  But am always happy to discuss etc (ping chriadam on freenode IRC in .au timezone, or perhaps flypig or pvuorela in .fi timezone).

Best regards,
Chris.