[SailfishDevel] SyncML topic revived (further down the rabbit hole)

Damien Caliste dcaliste at free.fr
Sat Jul 20 08:46:45 UTC 2019

Hello,

Le Samedi 20 juillet 2019, deloptes a écrit :
> 5. 1.7 uses cmake and thus building does not work
You can build cmake projects in SDK also. Sailfish-office is one example, Calligra another one, while the latter is a bit complicated due to KF5 dependencies.

In a nutshell, ssh into SDK,
- go to ~/share/... the project directory,
- create a tmp directory and enter it,
- enter target emulation with 'sb2 -t Sailfishos-xxx' (use TAB to complement),
- issue 'cmake ..',
- issue make.

You can automate this in a spec file to create RPMs of course.

> To me it looks like the whole stack is left unmaintained and I am not sure
> how the following components are going to be brought to a working state
> without a proper support. I mean even if community can do the work, how big
> are the chances that all the changes in following packages get merged into
> mainstream???
I'm coming back from vacations next week, and I can help you building everything or modernize what is required. I'm sure Chris Adams or Pekka Vuorela will review any patch and be happy to merge everything making the stack up to date, when patches look good.

Have a nice day,

Damien.