[SailfishDevel] Fwd: [python/qml] packaging issues

E.S. Rosenberg es.rosenberg+sailfishos.org at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:59:56 UTC 2019

Op do 11 jul. 2019 om 21:51 schreef Oskar Roesler via Devel <
devel at lists.sailfishos.org>:

> Am 11.07.19 um 20:43 schrieb E.S. Rosenberg:
>
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to build the gpodder package with the SDK and am experiencing 2
> issues that I haven't managed to solve yet.
> 1. The package that gets built includes python bytecode files (*.pyc and
> *.pyo)
> 2. The package is architecture specific instead of "noarch"
>
> As said in IRC, you have to specify this in the .spec file.

Thanks, IRC was running on my aptop so I missed that :)
I'll continue to monitor there for now.

> I took the original gpodder and I added a .pro file so that the SDK can
> work with it and removed the rpm spec file which the SDK wants to
> autogenerate based on the .pro and the .yaml files as far as I understand.
>
> If gpodder is a cmake-based project, you should can/should use .spec
> directly.

I'm trying to make gpodder-sailfish build from the SDK, until now it was
being built by SSH'ing into the buildenv and manually building, though that
of course works I feel that it is a significant barrier to convenient and
quick development.
Strictly speaking it doesn't need any form of make, just a bunch of cp
commands to copy the right files to the right locations.

> Any help on how to fix the two above issues would be welcome.
>
> Also does harbour accept mpris now or does the fact that the SDK screams
> about that mean I have no chance of updating?
>
> Harbour still doesn't allow mpris.

:/ Oh well openrepos it is then.