[SailfishDevel] qt upgrade

Alexander Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 09:17:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

I experimented with a build in prefix in March 2018. I changed MER Qt
build configuration to make it trivial to install an arbitrary number
of versions simultaneously. I'll make PRs on git.merproject.org once
Qt-5.9 support will be merged to master.
There are two issues — wayland and virtual keyboard. I posted
instruction in Sailfish OS Fan Club group in Telegram, here it is:

>// Qt 5.9 for Sailfish OS (installed to /usr/lib/qt5.9 simultaneously to the system Qt)
>// To install (root or privileged):
>ssu ar qt-prefix-5.9 http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/Kaffeine:/qt:/prefix:/5.9/latest_armv7hl
>zypper ref qt-prefix-5.9
>zypper in qt5.9-qtquickcontrols2-examples qt5.9-qtwayland
>
>// To remove (root or privileged):
>zypper rm qt5.9*
>
>// To try out (nemo):
>QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/qt5.9/lib /usr/lib/qt5.9/examples/quickcontrols2/gallery/gallery
>
>This is a very first success build, please do not expect much :).
>
>P.S.: Select Material style in the settings at the right top corner to make the demo a bit nicer.

I also mostly built Qt-5.11, but it is not an LTS and IMO not as big
step forward as 5.9, so I didn't evolve it.