[SailfishDevel] Bluetooth battery level monitoring

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 07:28:33 UTC 2019

Pali Rohár wrote:

> HFP is used in cars because of telephony stack. HFP allows to control
> mobile calls (answer / hold / dial / ...) and basically very different
> use case as "receiving voice from microphone" (which is in what users
> want from headphones).

I raised the question because I wonder if the HFP is compatible with head
phones at all? Why would you need HFP on a headphone - it doesn't have a
microphone. If it would have microphone, would be HSP

> But because all those telephony related functions are core part of HFP
> protocol and without them it is not possible to activate HFP transfer
> (even if I want just samples from microphone) I have included it in my
> HFP proposed HFP API via pluggable Telephony Agent.

So you definitely have a headset with HFP?

I've been playing with my PC and Xperia - I can dial from PC, or close the
call - basically what is in the interface spec - works fine. PC is with
bluez5.

If I have time in the feature I would like to try your PoC - when will this
be possible I can't say - but I saved the links.

regards