[SailfishDevel] settings through Settings > Apps > application

Pekka Vuorela pekka.vuorela at jolla.com
Wed Dec 11 13:22:32 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 14:42 +0200, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
> The question is as the title, if I want to add settings the
> "official" SFOS way how do I do it?
> I didn't see any examples of this in the sfos/silica documentation.

Sorry, but officially you cannot at the moment.

Unofficially there's /usr/share/jolla-settings/entries/ dir including
.json files for defining the settings hierachy, pointing to some qml
file to use for each entry.

Not public / harbour allowed because it would allow too much
permissions for third party apps, and we haven't gotten around to
implement more secure alternatives, e.g. more restricted declarative
page file format or process isolation for different qml pages.