[SailfishDevel] Slilica.Clipboard

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Dec 10 20:54:05 UTC 2019

I was playing a bit with the Clipboard module, just to see how it works, and
did something similar to:

ApplicationWindow {
    id: app
    property string text

    Binding {
        target: app
        property: 'text'
        value: Clipboard.text
    }

    onTextChanged: console.log("Clipboard:", text)
}

And then tried to copy some text from different apps. Nothing happened.
Looking at the code, wondering if that couldn't be done in QML, suddenly it
got triggered and showed a piece of the code...?
Now totally baffled thinking, if the SDK shared some..., nah; when I
realized I had Sailfish Connect[*] running and connected to my Plasma
desktop, and I had been copying text in QtCreator 😃

So: How can it be that it's triggered by Sailfish Connect and not any other
apps?

[*] https://openrepos.net/content/r1tschy/sailfish-connect
--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards