[SailfishDevel] RFC common HRM DBus service

piggz1 at gmail.com piggz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:17:45 UTC 2018

Hi Devs, and Sailors

Im after comments/suggestions on the following.  Working with Jens, the dev from Laufhelden, we came up with the idea for adding HRM support by interfacing with an external app/sevice via DBus.  This would save Laufhelden from having to carry code for each type of device.  In my case, im reading the heartrate via my BLE amazfit bip watch.

ATM code exists for the watch app, and laufhelden, and has been merged, but it can obviously be changed if there are problems.

See
https://github.com/jdrescher2006/Laufhelden/commit/1403805ab0cdcadaf45ee777acaaeb8ee618de4d
https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfish/blob/master/src/dbushrm.h

Questions
1. Is the approach generally sound?
2. Is the use of org.sailfishos.heartrate as the service ok?
3. Is the api ok?
-void start()
-void stop()
-int heartRata()
-int batteryLevel()

Especially interested in hearing from sailors about the service name, and other devs who may wish to integrate with Laufhelden this way.  I know mal is working on a similar HRM app.

If needed, this could be discussed at the mer-meeting, tho i can rarely make it myself.

thanks
--
Sent from my Jolla