[SailfishDevel] RPM build error

David Llewellyn-Jones david at flypig.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 20:09:42 UTC 2018

On 14/08/18 19:20, Dylan Van Assche via Devel wrote:
> I'm having some trouble with building my test application for my QRail
> shared library.
> The RPM can't be build for some reason, I'm not sure why...
>
> error: File not found: /home/deploy/installroot/usr/share/qrail-tests
> File not found: /home/deploy/installroot/usr/share/qrail-tests
>
> 19:58:02: The process
> "/home/dylan/.config/SailfishOS-SDK/mer-sdk-tools/Sailfish OS Build
> Engine/SailfishOS-2.2.0.29-armv7hl/deploy" exited with code 1.
> Error while building/deploying project qrail-tests (kit:
> SailfishOS-2.2.0.29-armv7hl (in Sailfish OS Build Engine))
> The kit SailfishOS-2.2.0.29-armv7hl (in Sailfish OS Build Engine) has
> configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.
> When executing step "RPM"
>
> I haven't seen this error in any other project I did with the Sailfish
> SDK, I haven absolutely no idea what the cause of this is.
> Here's a link to my Github repo where you can find my code:
> https://github.com/DylanVanAssche/QRail. The application is in the
> folder 'tests', which provides tests for the QRail library.
>
> Any idea's?

It's possible it's expecting there to be something in the
/usr/share/qrail-tests folder, but because you don't have any QML files
or anything else, it gets upset.

I added a folder QRail/tests/qml, stuck a random qml file inside it and
added the following lines to qrail-tests.pro:

OTHER_FILES += \
    qml/*.qml \
    qrail-tests.desktop

After this, there were a bundle of validation errors, but the RPMs did
build. I wasn't able to test the resulting app, but maybe this helps?

David
--
Website: http://www.flypig.co.uk