[SailfishDevel] buteo-sync-plugins, SyncML and other related questions

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 21:55:39 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I am not sure if it is the right audience, but I give it a try.

I tried TJC about one year ago when I bought the AquaFish and found out that
there was a patch for syncml and contacts. My wife got hold on the
AquaFish, so I just recently bought the SailFish X, installed the SDK,
patched and build the RPM, but when trying to install the packages, I got

pkcon install-local *rpm

Installing files Waiting in queue Starting Resolving dependencies Fatal
error: nothing provides blts-tools needed by
buteo-sync-plugins-qt5-tests-0.8.23-1.armv7hl
installed patterns-sailfish-mw-0.10.2-10.5.1.jolla.noarch obsoletes
buteo-sync-plugins-qt5 provided by buteo-sync-plugins-qt5-0.8.23-1.armv7hl
buteo-service-memotoo-0.8.23-1.armv7hl requires buteo-sync-plugins-qt5 =
0.8.23, but this requirement cannot be provided

It seems it was obsoleted by 2.1.1 [1]

As I am not (that well) familiar with what and how jolla and mer do things,
however if I was able to build the packages, I am obviously familiar iwth
patching, using some tools and building packages.

I would be thankful for any hint on how to proceed and get SyncML working
for contacts and calendar(s) (see [2] [3]).

Without SyncML the phone is pretty dumb toy for me and I would like to use
it in daily business. I do not use wireless network 99,9999% of the time,
so thy cal/carddav are not an option for me.

thanks in advance

regards

[1]https://together.jolla.com/question/164350/changelog-211-jamsanjoki/
[2]https://together.jolla.com/question/46789/when-can-we-get-pim-functionality-on-par-with-n9/?sort=votes&page=1#151055