[SailfishDevel] Missing /usr/bin/sailfish-qml on the phone

Sylvain B. Sthocs at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 08:28:42 UTC 2017

Hi Slava,
Yes that's exactly what I did right after flashing: download the RPM of my app (BikeMe) from openrepos, enable "untrusted software" and click on the RPM. Since I just got a generic toast install error without info, I enabled the developer mode, retried and it worked.

So I reflashed Sailfish X, and this time downloaded Warehouse to see if it would work better. It didn't but at least it gave me the error message: "nothing provide qt5-plugin-geoservice-osm needed by..."
So I tried with another app that I assumed would contain the same dependency: Poor Maps (hey Osmo ^^) and it failed one dependency before: "nothing provides libsailfishapp-launcher needed by ...". I guess if I had installed an app from the Store with this dependency, it would have failed on qt5-plugin-geoservice-osm too.

And since no app in the Store includes qt5-plugin-geoservice-osm, users definitively need the developer mode to install our app. I agree, that's annoying.
Thanks.

--
Sylvain.