[SailfishDevel] sub-processes as separate binary executables

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Thu May 18 07:48:41 UTC 2017

Dear Harbour Admins and Developers:

I would like to incorporate one executable binary as a part of RPM package
that would be called by the main application. There are technical reasons
for preferring such approach including long-term maintenance.

At present, Harbour rules prevent you from including ELF executable. We are
allowed to ship data and libraries. So, as far as I can see, its simple to
go around no-executable rule by zipping executable while shipping, unpack
it into /home/nemo/.cache/..., change permissions, and call it from there.
Unfortunately, that's probably not the best design for multiple reasons
(security comes to mind).

So, I would like to ask for relaxing the Harbour rules and allow us to ship
required binaries under /usr/share/ as we do with the libraries already.

Rinigus