[SailfishDevel] Long term TCP connection

E.S. Rosenberg es.rosenberg+sailfishos.org at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:04:59 UTC 2017

Are you sure the infrastructure you are running on may not be at fault?
(3G/4G or an ISP using carrier grade NAT may be trying to free up
connections every X time or just switching your outgoing route breaking the
connection)

Either way there is no such thing as a stable TCP connection, obviously you
want it to be as stable as possible but your application should still be
capable of re-establishing a lost connection in the event something happens
(and something always happens, whether it's loss of reception, switching
from WLAN to 3/4G or some error somewhere upstream).

Regards,
Eli