[SailfishDevel] Compile without Scratchbox2 environment

Yuvraaj Kelkar yuvraaj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 23:21:45 UTC 2017

The plan is to package up each Sailfish target into a Docker image to be
used in a CI system.
For my purposes, Docker is a easy-to-use chroot that's also easy to share
and deploy as compared to a virtual machine with a toolchain in sb2.

I do know that sb2 is more than just a chroot with bind mounts, but thats
all I really need: a pre-populated chroot with bind mounts. Docker fits
that bill quite nicely.

No, I don't want multiple targets in the same image.
No, I don't need the management of multiple build targets within the same
Docker image.
I don't want any of the other sb2 features: I dont need Xephyr, I don't
need to automagically run the compiled binary under qemu, etc.

Necessity is the mother of this re-invention.
Can you help?

Thanks,
-Yuvraaj