[SailfishDevel] Compile without Scratchbox2 environment

Yuvraaj Kelkar yuvraaj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 08:09:15 UTC 2017

I want to create a Docker image for Sailfish development.
I know it is possible to create a Docker image with sb2 in it; I've done
that for other sb2 toolchains - Maemo and Harmattan.
However, those images can only run as privileged Docker containers because
of sb2 bind mounts (I think).

I'd like to avoid being forced to run privileged Docker containers.
Also, running sb2 inside a Docker container seems like inception.

If it is possible to install the Sailfish toolchain without sb2, it should
be possible to capture that into a non-privileged Docker image. (I hope)

The documentation for anything related to scratchbox is either hard to
google or has broken links to maemo.org or is just non-existant.

As to why Docker and not sb2: "Why not?" and "Better documentation"

Thanks,
-Yuvraaj

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 11:56 PM, Tone Kastlunger <users.giulietta at gmail.com