[SailfishDevel] Help needed: mysterious reboots while using IRC on Sailfish X

Timur Kristóf timur.kristof at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 10:29:18 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

I need some help figuring out a Sailfish X problem. Some users report
that Sailfish X reboots often when using the IRC app. These users also
report that the reboots do not happen on other Sailfish devices, just
on Sailfish X. https://together.jolla.com/question/170004/irc-client-communi-triggers-sailfishx-reboot/

We also received some GitHub issues:
https://github.com/communi/communi-sailfish/issues/134
https://github.com/communi/communi-sailfish/issues/135
https://github.com/communi/communi-sailfish/issues/136

It seems to me that either there is a bug in communi (but I doubt that
since the same code base is in use in other platforms as well), or
there is something seriously wrong with the network stack (or kernel
adaptation?) on the device.

I don't have an Xperia device, so I can't even start to debug the issue.
Could someone help with this, please?

Thanks in advance,
Timur Kristóf