[SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Mon Dec 4 03:15:38 UTC 2017


Hi everyone,

My apologies - but this will have to be postponed until next Monday.

Sorry for the late notice, but it turns out that I will not be available tonight after all.  And our network issues have returned after all, so our internet connectivity at the office is patchy once again.  Once again, I'm very sorry to postpone this at such late notice, but will have to postpone until next Monday at 0900.

Best regards,
Chris.

________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:56 AM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Cc: Andrew Branson
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the next Sailfish OS CalDAV/CardDAV contributor meeting will be this coming Monday the 4th of December at 0900 UTC.

I'm very far behind on my backlog, as our office lost internet connectivity for 2 weeks, so I switched away to mostly-offline tasks, so I know that there are a bunch of MRs which I promised to review and merge which I have not yet done.  I will try to do that on Monday morning (Brisbane time) so that we're at a clean state for the beginning of the meeting, but let's see.

The agenda can be found at https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#04.2F12.2F2017_Meeting

The main topics are the follow ups from previous meeting (MRs and action points for me), and dcaliste's work on WebDAV synchronisation which we need to get into mer:contrib OBS.  I'll ask abranson to help with that topic.

Other agenda topics are welcome, just propose them on IRC or send me an email, or just raise them in the Any Other Business section of the meeting :-)

Best regards,
Chris.

________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 12:38 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

The next Sailfish OS CalDAV/CardDAV contributor meeting was planned for this coming Monday the 6th of November at 0900 UTC, however I am busy at that time on that particular Monday, so have to postpone if possible until the Monday after (the 13th) at 0900 UTC.  If that doesn't suit someone, please let me know and we can arrange a different date or time.

Best regards,
Chris.

________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 11:45 AM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Cc: Joona Petrell
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

A quick reminder that the next Sailfish OS CalDAV/CardDAV contributor meeting will be held this coming Monday the 2nd of October at 0900 UTC.  Note that it's a public holiday here in Australia so I might be a few minutes late.  If I am late, hopefully Pekka or Joona will be willing to start the meeting without me.

The agenda can be found at:
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#02.2F10.2F2017_Meeting

The main item on the agenda is the discussion of TODO support in Sailfish OS.

Activity since the last meeting: dcaliste has been doing a heap of work.  There is a backlog of PRs which need secondary review.

Best regards,
Chris.


________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2017 10:42 AM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

Once again, sorry for the late notice, the Sailfish OS CardDAV/CalDAV Contributors meeting will be held at 0900 UTC today.  The agenda for the meeting can be found at:
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#04.2F09.2F2017_Meeting

The log from the last meeting can be found at:
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2017/mer-meeting.2017-08-07-09.00.log.html

The agenda will probably revolve around discussing dcaliste's investigation into MER#1699 and MER#1805.  As mentioned in the previous couple of meetings, there are a couple of lower-priority issues which are good candidates for new contributors to take, also.  Please get in touch if you'd like to get involved with those :-)

The next meeting after today's meeting is tentatively scheduled for Monday October 2nd at 0900 UTC.

Best regards,
Chris.


________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 1:26 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late notice - just a reminder that the next Sailfish OS CardDAV/CalDAV Contributors meeting will be held at 0900 UTC today.  The agenda for the meeting can be found at:
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#07.2F08.2F2017_Meeting

The log from the last meeting can be found at:
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2017/mer-meeting.2017-07-03-09.01.log.html

Unfortunately, due to company priorities and ongoing projects, I haven't had a chance to investigate the "spurious local event modification" issue since the last meeting.  If someone is able to investigate that one, please get in touch and I'll give you some tips on how to get started, otherwise hopefully I'll get a chance some time soon.

The next meeting after today is tentatively planned to be held on Monday the 4th of September at 0900 UTC.

Best regards,
Chris.


________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:07 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

The log from the last meeting can be found at: http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2017/mer-meeting.2017-06-05-09.00.log.html

The next meeting will be held this coming Monday the 3rd of July at 0900 UTC.

The agenda can be found at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#03.2F07.2F2017_Meeting

Currently, the agenda includes:
- we need to investigate a "spurious local event modification" issue
- asking for volunteers to help with a couple of minor tasks

Activity since the last meeting:
- I believe I've figured out the reasons for the calendar duplication issue, and have created a series of fixes to address these bugs.  I've updated the post in TJC to ask for more volunteers to test the new packages: https://together.jolla.com/question/158893/caldavcarddav-testing-volunteers-requested/

Best regards,
Chris.


________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:48 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

The next meeting will be held this coming Monday the 5th of June at 0900 UTC.

The agenda can be found at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#05.2F06.2F2017_Meeting

The major topic will be a CalDAV duplication issue which has been reported by a couple of community members and also one sailor (so we have a repro, and I am currently investigating).  There are a variety of patches associated with this one which need thorough review and testing: https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugin-caldav/merge_requests/20

There are a couple of other tasks which a new contributor could potentially help with (MER#1714 and MER#1751) too :-)

Activity since last meeting:
- dcaliste fixed MER#1773 - thanks!
- Manatus helped with testing the MER#1751 and initial JB#18601 packages - thanks!
- chriadam investigated JB#38601 with abranson and guhl, still ongoing.

Best regards,
Chris.

________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 1:04 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

Here is the summary of the meeting from yesterday:

- The fixes for the various CalDAV issues were merged and released for upgrade-2.1.0 seem to have resolved most issues!  Thanks Damien!
- Chris will soon merge the fix for the first part of MER#1751. Help testing the packages would be greatly appreciated!
- The remaining issues in MER#1751 are not yet addressed; good task for new community contributor!
- Community help to investigate MER#1714 and MER#1773 would be appreciated.
- Next meeting planned for Monday June 5th at 0900 UTC.

As usual, more info is available from https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions

In particular, if anyone is able to help test the new CardDAV package (with the fix for MER#1751 included) please get in touch so I can send it to you :-)

Cheers,
Chris.


________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 11:46 AM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi,

I'd forgotten that the 1st of May was Vappu / May Day holiday in Finland and Australia.
Let's reschedule for the 8th of May (this coming Monday) at 0900 UTC.

I am very sorry for the confusion.

The agenda may be found at https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#08.2F05.2F2017_Meeting

Best regards,
Chris.


________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:05 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

My apologies for being disorganised and forgetting to send the email about the next CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor meeting.  Things have been busy with getting features and bugfixes ready for the 2.1.1 development branching.

Let's skip the April meeting and instead plan to have the next one on Monday the 1st of May 2017 at 0900 UTC.

Activity for the last month can be summarised by saying: I merged all of the outstanding PRs for CalDAV.  Big thanks to the contributors!  Some fixes for CardDAV are still not merged, and require more testing before I will be able to merge those.

If anyone out there is keen to start contributing, please see https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1751#c2 for some possible tasks, see https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#Development_With_The_Sailfish_OS_Application_Developer_SDK for information on how to get a build environment, and get in contact with me via Email or IRC if you need help or have any questions :-)

Thanks and sorry again for being disorganised this month!

Cheers,
Chris.

________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 8:28 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who were able to attend the meeting, and to everyone who contributed during the last month :-)

Brief summary of meeting:

1) Reviews appreciated on the three outstanding PRs (MER#1751, MER#1727, MER#1646).  chriadam will merge the first two soon.
2) dcaliste to look into adding a unit test for MER#1646.  chriadam to build a package based on (rebased) 1646 PR, and ask on TJC for testers to help test.
3) chriadam to look into nginx filter rules to allow reproing MER#1624 (but may not get a chance for a couple of weeks, probably)
4) Raise TODOs and other feature support investigations at the next meeting
5) New contributors: MER#1751 has a couple of open issues remaining, and one of those would be very suitable for a new contributor to investigate - ping me if you would like to get involved with development :-)  See https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1751#c2 for details!
6) Ijo to continue triaging TJC especially once 2.1.0 is released with the fix for for the "upsync fails" issue which was partially tracked by MER#1699.
7) See if dcaliste can reproduce the original "calendars lost" issue from MER#1699 again after patch and report.

The next meeting will either be held on the 3rd or 10th of April at 0900 UTC, depending on when the Sailfish OS Community Meeting in April is scheduled for (will find out after the 15th of March I guess).  I will send an email toward the end of this month confirming the details.

Best regards,
Chris.

________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:56 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the next Sailfish OS Community CalDAV/CardDAV contributor meeting will be held this coming Monday the 13th of March at 0900 UTC.

As always the agenda can be found on the wiki, at https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#13.2F03.2F2017_Meeting

The focus of this meeting will be figuring out concrete steps required to get any currently outstanding PRs merged, and after that we will discuss outstanding bugs as per usual.

To summarise activity from the last month or so:

Jolla currently has high priority on MDM work, so time I can spend on CalDAV/CardDAV is limited.  I have  PR to fix some bugs in the CardDAV plugin related to sync with Kerio, however there is more to be done there: MER#1751.  I also fixed a bug in the CalDAV plugin thanks to investigation by community members on TJC, MER#1699 (note: it is possible that the original report is a different issue than what was reported on TJC - I need to talk to dcaliste to confirm whether or not that's the case).

Erik has provided a fix plus unit test for MER#1727 which LGTM I just need to test/merge/tag it.

Damien's fix for MER#1646 is still waiting for my review (is it ready for review and merge?  IIRC it is?)

Best regards,
Chris.


________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Caliste Damien [dcaliste at free.fr]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2017 6:22 AM
To: devel at lists.sailfishos.org
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hello,

Le lundi 06 février 2017, Chris Adams a écrit :
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention!  Shall we say March 13th at
> 0900 UTC?
It's fine with me with this new date (except if there's a meeting at
work that may come later).

Regards,

Damien.
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org
_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org


More information about the Devel mailing list