[SailfishDevel] Sailfish X does not pair with HFT/HSP systems (Former: [Reminder] Sailfish OS, Open source community collaboration meeting on November 15th 2017 at 09:00 UTC)

Harald Schmitt linux at hschmitt.de
Fri Dec 1 10:43:09 UTC 2017

Hi,

am 25.11.2017 um 22:06 schrieb deloptes:
> Adam Pigg wrote:
>
>> You can enable hfp in ofono by editing (make a backup first)
>> /var/lib/environment/ofono/noplugin.conf
>> and removing the lines for hfp if hey are present in your device.
> Hi Adam, all,
>
> I am pretty new to Sailfish and mer, though I can deal with code and
> packages, I need some start assistance, to understand how all this project
> works. On short term I just want to replace the N9 with a Sailfish that
> meets some criteria and HFT is one of it.
>
> In /var/lib/environment/ofono/noplugin.conf  only hfp_bluez5 is present.
In this configuration file you only specify which ofono plugins are
disabled. To disable hfp_hf_bluez5 plugin is the correct thing to do
because this plugin implements the car kit part while hfp_ag_bluez5
implements the phone part. See
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/ofono/tree/master/ofono/plugins

I think the only bug that is currently present is that pulseaudio cannot
switch between the profile for phoning (HFP/HSP) and the profile for
playing music/sound (a2dp). At least at my car kit either the one or the
other work.
But I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. I submitted a patch
to pulseaudio which was improved and merged today:
https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/pulseaudio/commit/3dd77ef90820809073ee81732fe78276dc50a685

> What I need is hfp_ag_bluez5. I don't think it is enabled, even if I removed
> the line and rebooted, it does not show the HF AG profile
>
> I can recompile ofono, but I can not recpomile the droid-config-f5121
> because device-configs.inc is missing (actually the directory is empty) and
> I don't know how to handle it.
> Any help?
Can you recompile pulseaudio with that patch at the mer OBS? Then I
would be kean to try it out on my jalloC