[SailfishDevel] Qt Network: "Network access is disabled" after network change

Slava Monich slava.monich at jolla.com
Sun Apr 23 08:33:05 UTC 2017

Network status detection in Qt 5.6 is unreliable when the system is
switching between wifi and mobile data. That results in
QNetworkAccessManager sometimes thinking that network access is disabled
when in fact the device is online. At some point I attempted to fix it
(https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/qtbase/commit/8122f32a) however
that only eliminated one particular scenario of failure and reduced the
probability. But it's still happening. As I understood it's a random
thing (race condition) triggered by two connman services changing their
status more or less simultaneously.

Jolla's Weather app also uses XmlListModel and suffers from the same issue.

Nobody at Jolla is actively working on it at the moment, our resources
are limited these days. If somebody has an idea how to fix it, feel free
to submit a pull request against mer-5.6 branch
(https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/qtbase/commits/mer-5.6).

Best regards,
-Slava