[SailfishDevel] [Minutes] Sailfish OS Open Source Community Collaboration Meeting, 5th of September 2016

Tone Kastlunger users.giulietta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:23:13 UTC 2016

QML plugins in a separate project - something is amiss here; but anyways.
It is fairly easy to evaluate a technology for a certain use in my opinion;
especially if that technology is not new and has been used (SELinux has),
and ESPECIALLY if it has been used in the same context already (i.e.
Android).
Slava, you mention about ABI compatibility; how does Android solve this? Is
this a problem for Android as well?
Applications on android request access on install already; i.e. they
provide a manifest to do so, not during runtime.
It is a plus for SELinux, that having it would remove some entries from the
porting from android task list (potentially).

Think about this from different angles;

what do developers want?
what do developers *need*?
what consequences will the choice that is made have? how will they
influence development?
how will this tech be used? By whom?