[SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Mon Oct 10 10:14:09 UTC 2016


Hi everyone,

Log of meeting on 10th October 2016:
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2016/mer-meeting.2016-10-10-09.01.log.html

Summary:
- following up from last meeting:
  * test server still not quite ready.  authentication enablers are done, and the VM exists, but firewall/isolation still TODO.
  * CardDAV unit test framework was completed since last meeting.  CalDAV unit test framework in progress.
  * dcaliste investigated MER#1623 and MER#1646, he has a potential fix for MER#1623, but MER#1646 is proving tricky.
  * William___ took MER#1647 last meeting, but he was unable to attend this meeting, so not sure of current status.  Will check again next meeting, if no progress can make this task available.
- new action points from this meeting:
  * lbt to work on firewall/isolation for Mer infra test server
  * ljo_ and dcaliste to help with TJC triaging, converting to MER# bug reports
  * chriadam to take MER#1606
  * dcaliste to investigate MER#1625
- postponed action points:
  * manual testing - can't ask for volunteers here until we have a test server set up properly.
  * system test scripts - elfio committed to this one during last meeting, but until we have a test server set up he can't proceed here.

Please see https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions for more information.

The next meeting is scheduled for 7th November 2016 at 0900 UTC.
Huge thanks to everyone for getting involved :-)

Best regards,
Chris Adams.

________________________________________
From: Devel [devel-bounces at lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Chris Adams [chris.adams at jolla.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2016 8:01 PM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

Sorry for top-posting, but I'm on an Outlook Web Access client, and it doesn't do quoting.

This is just a reminder that this coming Monday the 10th of October we have another CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting at 0900 UTC.  The agenda can be found: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#10.2F10.2F2016_Meeting

Everyone is welcome to attend, even if you are unable to actively contribute at this time.

Some highlights from the last month of collaboration:
 - we have a test VM set up in the Mer infra, plan is to install CalDAV/CardDAV services on it ASAP but first we need to sort out authentication / logins.
 - I've written a unit test framework for CardDAV to easily allow adding unit tests for parsing server responses
 - Damien Caliste has started writing a unit test framework for CalDAV, and he has also investigated a variety of CalDAV bugs which are proving to be quite tricky.

See you at the meeting on Monday :-)

Best regards,
Chris.

________________________________________
From: Chris Adams
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2016 11:55 AM
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Hi everyone,

During the recent Sailfish OS Community Meeting, I raised the topic of CalDAV/CardDAV sync plugins for discussion.  These plugins provide vital functionality, but due to the complexity of the space (e.g., dozens of different server implementations, each with slightly different behaviour) coupled with resource limitations in Jolla, there have always been issues with them.  I asked the community if there would be anyone interested in contributing in some way, and the response was fantastic!

As a result, I have created the following wiki page: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions.  Please note that currently that SFOS wiki is not able to be edited by community members (we're still trying to figure out how to create a proper review process for edits, and also whether or not it makes sense to provide single-sign-on between Mer and SFOS wiki, etc) but if you have any changes you'd like to make, please send them to me and I can publish them there.

Also, I would like to organise a kick-off meeting in #mer-meeting on Freenode IRC this coming Monday the 12th of September at 0900 UTC (which is 7 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, if that helps anyone else ;-)

The agenda can be found in the wiki page.

Everyone is welcome and invited to attend, even if you cannot volunteer to help at this point in time.

If you cannot make it, don't worry, I will attach minutes from the meeting to the wiki page :-)

Best regards,
Chris Adams.


_______________________________________________
SailfishOS.org Devel mailing list
To unsubscribe, please send a mail to devel-unsubscribe at lists.sailfishos.org


More information about the Devel mailing list