[SailfishDevel] Detect network state & react on it

Dylan Van Assche dylan.van.assche at protonmail.com
Sat Oct 8 08:59:57 UTC 2016

Hi Sailors,

For my app Sailfinder I have received a bug report about the network connection. When switching between mobile data & WiFi the app misbehaves.

I want to detect the current network state to avoid thsi problem. I thought of several possibilities:

-
Ping everytime to my website before doing other requests (expensive, better not).
- Use MCE module which expose the network states in a file (that's what I found on the sailfishos.org website, no more extra information). This option is the one I want to try :)

-

And if network isn't available I want to show the network connection dialog but I haven't find any information about it. Can someone help me with it? If possible, in a Harbour way since Sailfinder is also available in the Jolla Store.

Kind regards,
Dylan Van Assche