[SailfishDevel] CalDAV/CardDAV Contributor Meeting

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Tue Nov 8 01:45:09 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

A quick summary of the meeting:

Follow up from last meeting:
1) unit tests for CalDAV and CardDAV plugins have been written
2) test server instances are now running and available for testing
3) all bugreports from last meeting have been investigated and progressed or resolved

Action points from this meeting:
i) chriadam will add documentation to the wiki describing how to perform manual tests with the test server instances.  Done - see https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#Performing_Manual_Tests_With_The_Test_Services
ii) chriadam will investigate creating a curl PROPFIND+DELETE script to cleanup all data from the test service instances, to simplify manual testing from clean-state.
iii) dcaliste will investigate adding similar functionality to the plugin (turned on via env var) to simplify testing.
iv) dcaliste will investigate MER#1569
v) chriadam to investigate MER#1568
vi) William_ to create Merge Request for MER#1647 including unit test

Outstanding tasks:
a) we want volunteers to add more services to the test server.  Please see https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_Contributions#Adding_A_New_Service for more information.
b) Captive-portal handling - MER#1689 - no volunteers for this one, will revisit during next meeting
c) WebCal subscriptions - will revisit during next meeting

Full meeting log can be found at http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2016/mer-meeting.2016-11-07-09.01.log.html

As always, feel free to begin investigating any task from the backlogs:
https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=caldav
https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=carddav
Just comment in the bug that you're starting to investigate, and periodically update it with your progress.

Thanks!
Chris.