[SailfishDevel] Open source in-app ad API helper for QML - please, join

zoltan.lutor at gmail.com zoltan.lutor at gmail.com
Tue May 31 05:20:59 UTC 2016

Yes, that is how it is. Paid model does not work for masses - maybe iOS is exception to some extent...

I fully understand those who are fed up with annoying ads - just like me, too.

But it does not imply ads are evil as such. Just they have to be placed carefully and accordingly...

Anyway, I just wanted to invite other developers for helping me finishing this 'sdk'...

Zoltán

Andrew Penkrat írta ekkor: 2016.05.30. 23:46

I want to add my experience from the developer's point of view. I have an Android app with about 1000 installations (and 100 active users). This app has ads as well as an option to disable them for a $2 donation.

Nobody ever activated this option. So most probably I won't be able to get any revenue from the app without ads.

Mon, 30 May 2016 19:32:54 +0000 Alexey Andreyev:

Hello, Zoltán! :)
Feel free to criticize me, but... ads in our jolla? No, thanks! :)

I subscribe to this - while I understand developers are looking for revenue streams I really like
how current native Sailfish OS apps are pretty much add free (for one reason or another).
Just take a look how reckless add usage ruins application usability on Android.
I'm fine with donations, paid/premium versions, etc. but please no adds! :)

I guess if you are a developer it make sence to ask for donations / create non-free apps, but please, no ads at all.
(Espesially with additional web engine module loaded eating my resources)

Again, this is just my opinion. I understand it opens new possibilities for some projects, etc, etc.