[SailfishDevel] Not documented missing SDK features

Martin Kampas martin.kampas at jolla.com
Tue Jun 28 08:15:14 UTC 2016

Hello Eli,

I have tested SoundEffect and Audio QML elements with SDK-1602 on Linux and it worked.

SoundEffect element worked out of box. For Audio element to work I had to package my app with  "Requires: qt5-qtmultimedia-plugin-mediaservice-gstmediaplayer". There was a warning on application output which helped me to identify the missing requirements:

[W] QPluginServiceProvider::requestService:437 - defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"

Does sound work for you at all in emulator? E.g. sound effects when closing applications or pulling down menus? What about "paplay /usr/share/sounds/jolla-ringtones/stereo/jolla-ringtone.wav" executed on emulator (logged in as user "nemo", not "root")?

What platform do you use the SDK on? What is your VirtualBox version?

BR,
Martin