[SailfishDevel] dqml - Sailfish.Silica is not installed

Joona Petrell joona.petrell at jolla.com
Fri Jul 1 08:18:41 UTC 2016

> How can i get the Silica plugin to install it in my Manajaro Linux ?

Unfortunately you cannot currently. We are not making desktop releases of Silica, though hopefully we will at some point in the future. In my presentation I used a very rough desktop build.

Similarly dqml is not a productised tool. Qt just announced a new project called QmlLive http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-apps/qmllive.git as part of their Qt Automotive Suite, but AFAIK is very new. Of course would be nice to get it integrated to Sailfish SDK later. If you are in a hurry community contributions (packaging qmllive, making it build and run on sailfish targets, preparing instructions for users) are welcome. :)

While the environment was different the actual Silica code and examples I presented should run without issues on Sailfish SDK and Sailfish devices.

Cheers,

Joona