[SailfishDevel] Maps and Goodbye (for now)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Jan 6 16:02:40 UTC 2016

Hi David,

On  Di 05 Jan 2016 13:19:13 CET, David van rijn wrote:

> Wow, Thank you so much guys, It does make me feel good, but also slightly
> endebted (which would be a good motivation for working more and  harder).

Let me know off-list, how I can provide you with the required money
(199,-EUR as currently offered in the Jolla shop). (options: Paypal?
IBAN?)

> As for other projects, i am also working on the Transmission-Remote app,
> which i started because i needed it, (but before i released it, tremotefs
> was released, so not incentive to continue).
> And there is my plan of makeing a flipcover keyboard, and if there are
> people willing to help make this more mass-producable, this could also be
> for everyone. I have not yet put stuff online for this, but i will soon.

I think that the lack of a hardware keyboard (a flipcover one) is one
of the greatest deficits of the Jolla smartphone hardware. As a former
N900 user I really really miss my flipcover keyboard. So many likes on
the above from here.

> And i was just starting to make a soundcloud client. But that came as far
> as making "soundcloud.cpp" before my phone broke.

Not so much needed here...

> I am also still thinking of porting/cloning stellarium to get the whole
> opensource skymaps going. (And practice for my orbital mechanics at the
> same time :)

Nice! As a member of the Debian Edu team, I like educational software.
Be it on desktops or mobile devices. Stellarium will probably be very
cool on the Jolla tablet, once it is out.

> I mostly start pjojects because i need them and they are not out there yet,
> but i try to look for other apps i like and make pull requests. I added
> 9292ov support for fahrplan (someone improved it later).

Nice. Never tried fahrlplan. Very nice tool and it works gently with
the Deutsche Bahn backend here.

> If you have good suggestions for new apps or old ones that need work, i'd
> be happy to hear it.

I'd love someone to start working a Seafile [1] support in CargoDock.
I could do that myself, but really lack time for working on more
non-profited projects at the moment. If you are interested in that, I
can provide you with an account on a Seafile Server for testing.

The lady of my house really loves the MaeGirls app on the N900.
Porting that to SailfishOS could possibly give you various hugs and
kisses here and there... (Don't miss contacting the original author if
you start working on this).

light+love
Mike

[1]