[SailfishDevel] Maps and Goodbye (for now)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Jan 3 12:52:57 UTC 2016

Hi David,

On  Mi 23 Dez 2015 16:51:04 CET, David van rijn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sadly, i broke my phone, and i don't have money for a new one. So i will
> not be developing for a while. This does make me sad, but I would like you
> to carry on. I have been working on a maps- Component for use in QML. (I
> mailed about it before.)
> And I think it would be a waste if my work were to be for nothing. So if
> anyone wants to continue on it, i would be ever so greateful.
> The main advantage of it is that it is crazy fast in loading ( read less
> than a second from menu to a map).
> But it is not finished yet. I was mostly working in touch controls (pinch
> zoom/rotate at the same time).
>
> If this works it could be used in all kind of apps. And it could share its
> tile-cache over all apps. (And steal tiles from android-gmaps).
>
> Since it is a work in process, and halfway a design iteration, if you want
> to coninue on it, you should let me know so i can add some comments on what
> i have already.
>
> The code is at https://github.com/unsanded/harbour-mapp
>
> Keep up the good work
>
> David

Do I get you right that your only blocker for continuing with
development for SailfishOS is not having a phone at hand anymore?

If that is so, please get in touch with Jolla and order a new phone. I
will sponsor that.

Please also send me a list of Jolla projects you have been working on
in the past and let me know what your plans for other Jolla-related
development projects are.

light+love
Mike (Debian Developer and Jolla fan)
--