[SailfishDevel] Interact from other pages with the cover page

Matt Austin mail at mattaustin.me.uk
Mon Aug 29 12:38:47 UTC 2016

On 29 August 2016 at 20:29, Dylan Van Assche
<dylan.van.assche at protonmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand it correctly I need to do the following things:
>
> Create an object in harbour-sailfinder.qml and give it an ID
> Call the object with that ID from my current page (for example:
> MainPage.qml) and assign some data to it.
> Read the object out in CoverPage.qml by his ID

Yep, that sounds right.

In my project, I created 'Client.qml' to use as my python 'API client':

https://github.com/mattaustin/gaussian/blob/qmlexperiment/qml/common/Client.qml

This then gets added to ApplicationWindow, so it's accessible from anywhere:
https://github.com/mattaustin/gaussian/blob/qmlexperiment/qml/silica/main.qml

--

Regards,

Matt.