[SailfishDevel] Interact from other pages with the cover page

Dylan Van Assche dylan.van.assche at protonmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:03:47 UTC 2016

Hi devs,

I'm rebuilding Sailfinder and I'm looking for a better way for my interaction between the cover and other pages.
In the old version I let the cover play the man in middle when Python transfered the data to the current QML page but it was a messy solution.
I looked at the source code of different Sailfish OS projects but nothing that really looked simple for my purpose.

I read about 'Connections' in QML but I can't figure out if I can use that QML type to let the page interact with the cover. I want to avoid C++ as much as possible in order to create a non-arch package.
Maybe someone here who can help?

Dylan