[SailfishDevel] Errors while instantiating a Dialog

Marcin Mielniczuk marmistrzmar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:29:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

I copied the Dialog sample code from the doc:

import QtQuick 2.0
import Sailfish.Silica 1.0

Dialog {
     property string name

     Column {
         width: parent.width

         DialogHeader { }

         TextField {
             id: nameField
             width: parent.width
             placeholderText: "What's your name?"
             label: "Name"
         }
     }
}

I want the Dialog to modify some properties of `MainPage.qml`
onAccepted, so I instantiated it.

import QtQuick 2.0
import Sailfish.Silica 1.0

Page {
     id: page

     /* some code, some SilicaFlickable, etc. */

     MyDialog {

     }
}

Then I get the following errors in the log:

[W] unknown:189 -
file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:189: TypeError:
Cannot read property 'backIndicatorDown' of null

[W] unknown:194 -
file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:194: TypeError:
Cannot read property 'backIndicatorDown' of null

[W] unknown:247 -
file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:247: TypeError:
Cannot read property 'forwardIndicatorDown' of null

[W] unknown:242 -
file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/DialogHeader.qml:242: TypeError:
Cannot read property 'forwardIndicatorDown' of null

The same happens when I push the Dialog directly to the pageStack. What
have I done wrong? Apart from those errors, the dialogs seems to work
correct...

--
Marcin