[SailfishDevel] req_display_blanking_pause seems not to work.

Simo Piiroinen simo.piiroinen at jollamobile.com
Thu Sep 24 20:05:38 UTC 2015

On Thursday, September 24, 2015 05:44:48 PM Andrew Penkrat wrote:
> But screen keeps going blank after I call
> cpptools.setBlankingMode(false) from QML (tested on Sailfish OS
> 1.1.9.28). What can be the problem?

Hi,

The most obvious one is: You need to periodically repeat
the req_display_blanking_pause call - as a kind of proof
that the app is still alive.

The maximum repeat delay is 60 seconds, but to be on the
safe side a bit shorter value should be used - something
like 45-55 seconds.

Other thing to watch out is: blanking pause period ends
if display turns off and/or lockscreen gets activated.
And while in this state also new requests are ignored.

Simo