[SailfishDevel] sdk

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 09:25:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 22:58:06 +0200
Daniele <cavaldan2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> emulator doesn’t start with Beta Qt5 Sailfish OS SDK 1507. I use  Mac
> Os X 10.10.5. I tried to create a new project but run button is
> disabled I tried with:
> VirtualBox-4.3.28-100309-OSX
> VirtualBox-4.1.40-101594-OSX
> VirtualBox-5.0.2-102096-OSX
> VirtualBox-4.3.30-101610-OSX
>
> I downgrade to SailfishOSSDK-Beta-1506-Qt5 with VirtualBox-4.3.28 and
> all is OK

On August 29th, Martin Grimme wrote :-

This happens when you launch Qt Creator from the dock, and not from
terminal. In this case, /usr/local/bin is not in the PATH, and the
VBoxManage binary cannot be found.
To fix it, create a symlink as root in /usr/bin that points to
/usr/local/bin/VBoxManage.

# cd /usr/bin
# sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/VBoxManage

Apparently the VirtualBox tools have moved to /usr/local/bin recently.

Hope this helps some people who are experiencing the same problem,
Martin