[SailfishDevel] Detecting larger screen size of the Jolla tablet

tisno.de marko.koschak at tisno.de
Mon Oct 19 08:02:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

do anyone know a good way to determine if an app is running on the
Jolla phone or tablet?
I mean I want to react during runtime to a larger screen. Best would be
on the QML side or through a property which is set on the C++ side.

I don't want to have a static rpm for each the phone and the tablet.
Also detecting the architecture (assuming i486 is a tablet) is not a
good idea because it could be that in the future we see also ARM
tablets for Sailfish OS.

One idea would be to take all devices with a higher resolution than
1920 pixel width as a tablet device. This would work for now on the
Jolla phone and tablet. But the optimal way would be to detect the
actual screen size e.g. 4.5" or 7.8". Do you have an idea how this can
be done?

Thanks!
Marko