[SailfishDevel] Sip on Jola Phone / "Community Meetings"

Thomas B. Rücker thomas at ruecker.fi
Sun Nov 15 16:31:46 UTC 2015

On 11/14/2015 06:11 PM, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> Sounds like something to metion at a community meeting after all Jolla
> wants to profile itself as more privacy aware....

Feel free to do so. I've long given up on the farce that are
"community meetings".
Just so I don't get accused of baseless negativity, again, some points:
 - No follow up on action points from previous meetings
 - No accountability for not implementing actions
 - Jolla (almost) never acts proactively regarding the agenda. Even
   rather obvious topics need to be put up AND presented by community.
 - Often such topics are then followed by grave silence, as Jolla
   does not seem prepared and nobody with authority to answer is there.
 - Instead of scheduling once properly, very important topics
   get delayed, rescheduled, canceled, rescheduled again.
 - Don't happen at all for over a quarter due to "summer vacations"

Or read the Minutes or full transcripts yourself:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Sailfish/CommunityMeetings

Oh and it's not like this topic didn't make it to IRC, community meetings
and the official roadmap before.
4.d (ff)
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2014/mer-meeting.2014-09-23-10.00.html
2.
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2015/mer-meeting.2015-01-07-15.01.html

So yeah, if anyone is interested, feel free to step in as
Don Quixote de La Mancha and put it on the agenda. I most certainly CBA.

--
Thomas