[SailfishDevel] (no subject)

Iosif Hamlatzis i.hamlatzis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:18:06 UTC 2015

Regarding the orientation it's not something I can patch and submit, it's a
thing for Jolla since it has to do with the video driver.

Looking at the code of SDL2, I would say the hint for the orientation is
iOS specific:
>From the SDL_hints.h

/**
 *  \brief  A variable controlling which orientations are allowed on iOS.
 *
 *  In some circumstances it is necessary to be able to explicitly control
 *  which UI orientations are allowed.
 *
 *  This variable is a space delimited list of the following values:
 *    "LandscapeLeft", "LandscapeRight", "Portrait" "PortraitUpsideDown"
 */
#define SDL_HINT_ORIENTATIONS "SDL_IOS_ORIENTATIONS"

And besides, if the system doesn't understand that I have rotated the
device I cannot do much in my game to modify the behaviour of "the go to
background" or "close" swipe.

>From previous emails I and others were given as a solution to the rotation
problem that we should do the math in our rendering functions as well as
the rotation and transformation for the touch events. So I did and my games
work perfectly on my device.

I was happy to learn that problems they had in their system regarding the
SDL2 library were fixed and now they could accept games in the market
(previously my games were rejected because they didn't accept the SDL2
library) and now I get my games again rejected not because of my fault, but
because they cannot handle the rotation, even if I am using a solution they
provided.

I believe most games would be in landscape mode and not portrait, at least
mine are. So I would wait either for a solution from them or if they start
accepting games with different swipe gestures for "go to background" and
"close".

And hopefully in the tablet version the default would be landscape mode.
I'll port the rest of the games to SailfishOS and have them ready for when
and if the problem has been fixed.