[SailfishDevel] New documentation on sailfishos.org

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:52:12 UTC 2015

I personally use a mix of QtCreator and vim/commandline for
developing. Project setup in Qtcerator is convenient, as well as
deploying to the target, but I often fall back to my command line
habit.
What would help to have is a ferw more project templates, e.g.
for SDL projects, or for different build systems, for service accounts
or sharing plugins.

QMake is fine for the simple example projects, and I use it for them,
but CMake is better suited to larger projects, or where you want the
same software base to work on multiple platforms. Or simply, when
trying to port an existing CMake based project.

So tutorials and templates for these would be welcome as well.

Cheers
Luciano

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Michael Fuchs <michfu at gmx.at> wrote:

> Am 03.06.2015 um 12:15 schrieb Jussi Pakkanen:
>>
>> We have a few others in the pipeline on how to do development without Qt
>> Creator for those of you who prefer other tools
>

> Thanks a lot. Looking forward to this one.
>
> greetz, Michael.

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams