[SailfishDevel] Include Indian language fonts

Anand.R.Kris anandrkris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:09:26 UTC 2015

Hi Sailors,

Greetings.

As suggested by Carsten Munk, am making a request here to include
Indian vernacualr language fonts (Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada).
Currently, am using openrepos [1] or copy ttf files manually to have
these installed as discussed here. [2]

It will be nice to have these fonts installed without using such
hacks. Opening Google.co.in on stock Jolla shows illegible squares as
shown here. [3]

You obviously saw potential in India, we're close to a billion people
with huge diversity in demographics....bla bla... :-) What I want to
convey is, having this installed by default or available in store to
install on demand (if space is a constraint) would benefit Indian
users.

IMO, you should make region based customization for stock product sold
in each region but that's a different topic...

[1] - https://openrepos.net/content/abyzthomas/indian-language-fonts-sailfish
[2] - https://together.jolla.com/question/61109/jolla-india-discussions/?answer=64599#post-id-64599
[3] - https://together.jolla.com/upfiles/14159752783546939.jpg

--